Mar 19, 2012

Cool Experiences

Hey Ya'll!!
I've had some cool experiences with the Spirit this week - when Hna. Hildenbrand was sick on Wednesday during the night, I woke up and she wasn't doing great, but she was at least feeling well enough that she was able to sleep in between not feeling well. But as I crawled back into bed at 1:00 I felt like I needed to call someone to ask them to give her a blessing. I shrugged it off and rationalized that she would be fine. The sickness would take its course and all would be well. I woke up at 3:00 to her calling my name and asking me, from the bathroom, to call someone to come give her a blessing because she did not feel at all well. I did the first thing I could think of and called Sister Lyon - she and her husband live on the floor below us in our building. Luckily her phone was on and she answered, somewhat groggily I'll admit.  I asked her if Brother Lyon would maybe be able to come with her to give Sister Hildenbrand a blessing.

It just so happened that during the day, Sister Lyon's parents and little brother arrived from Utah to leave on a week long road trip the next morning at 6:00 in the morning. In that small window of time, Sister Lyon's father, and husband were able to come with Sister Lyon to give Sister Hildenbrand a blessing when she needed it the most. Not 5 or 10 minutes later she was sitting up, and smiling and felt well enough to go back to bed and slept for more or less the rest of the night.

I had the chance to watch the biography of President Monson - On the Lord's Errand. I pray that this experience can be similar to the one he had when his one experience of not following the spirit exactly when he was prompted has led him to want to never make that mistake again. I know it won't be easy, but with all my might I will do my best to follow all of the promptings of the spirit.
So, the day after Sister Hildenbrand got sick she was still kind of tired and achey and was only awake for a total of 5 or 6 hours (which we used to do our weekly planning because it was Thursday). So, we took a day off from the outside world. I thought it would be really nice to have a break - and as nice as it was to not have to worry about making a fool of myself, it would have been nice to be out teachin' and preachin'. I did get some stuff done - like some cleaning, studying, sewing, watching - approved movies of course! I think I watched Legacy twice in Spanish - it's SOO much better in Spanish than in English. It's more dramatic sounding anyway :)
So, today we're going to the Sport's Museum!! Woohoo!! It's a district p-day (new thing Elder Wayne, the new district leader, is trying out to improve district unity) and Elders Swasey/Hanberg are in charge and they got a free pass for six people from the that's what we're doing. I have no idea what we will find there, but it should be good.
Yesterday I saw my first convert baptism since I've been here!! It was AWESOME!!! We went to the baptism of two of Hna. Hildenbrand's old investigators from the Revere English ward. David and Diego are twins - their mom is a member and has been coming back to church. They're 12 years old and they're super duper awesome! I've heard so many good things about them. It was really fun to see Hna. Hildenbrand reconnect with members in the ward and whatnot. There were SOOO many people at the baptism! It was incredible! More than the entire branch here in Lynn. So, when we all squeezed in the Relief Society room to see the baptism, I couldn't actually see the font, but when both of them were baptized I felt the spirit SOOO strong!! It just enveloped the room. What a sweet experience.
I could go on and on about this week, but alas, we must be going now. I love you all SOOOOOOOOOO much!!!
-Hna. Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment