May 21, 2012

Howdy!

This is going to be short! My sincerest apologies! I just got SO many emails today (and the computer I'm using is very slow) so it's taking me longer than usual to reply. And, we're in a crunch because we're going to play sports on Revere Beach with the zone...and we're already late! Oops!
 
I just love grocery shopping - we went to Market Basket in Salem today and I've been pretty careful with my money this month so I went a little crazy this morning. I got some serious produce, and a big can of peanut butter (I LOVE peanut butter! It has been something that really has developed on the mission).
 
Happy 50th Anniversary to Grandma Carol and Grandpa Fran!! Yay!! 50 years is a long time and an exciting landmark.
 
This week was good. We're really going to have to be in a finding mood this next week, because we need to find some more good solid investigators :) We're getting pretty good at making our door contacts and our street contacts seem fairly natural. And then again, if they're not natural and they end up super awkward and weird, it usually doesn't matter too much because we usually don't run into the same people twice. We've got nothing to lose by talking with everyone and everyone has something to gain by us trying.
 
I'm kind of nervous for transfers - I don't want either of us to go. I want both Sister Hildenbrand and I to stay here! I thought seriously about sending my email to President Evans this week and asking that for my birthday present we can both stay here :) I don't think it works that way though. Only one new hermana is coming in and one is leaving...so I'm hoping that they will just switch places and leave the rest of us in peace...we'll see how it goes. I will let you know next Wednesday.
 
This last week, on Thursday, we got the opportunity to go to a Leadership training. They invited all the sisters to go - their reasoning being that the leaders can't really do exchanges with us to train so it would be beneficial for us to come - and it was! I learned a lot and we got some DELICIOUS fruit salad...that's a good day :) It was strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries! All the things I'm too cheap to buy at the grocery store. SO good!
 
That's so crazy that Andrew's on a mission! I only had time to read a smidge of the email, but it really takes me back to the good old days in the MTC and I'm sure he's taking it by storm.
 
Something that I've been learning a lot about the last several days has been the importance of really praying by the Holy Ghost. Until a few months ago, I had never even thought of that concept, but it keeps coming up. I'm still working on putting it into practice, but I have been learning that when we really are praying by the Spirit, all of our righteous desires will be fulfilled because we won't be asking somthing contrary to the will of our Heavenly Father.
 
I'm so grateful to be on a mission :) Lots to learn and lots to do.
 
I love you all!
-Sister Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment