Jul 22, 2012

Another week.... (July 2, 2012 Letter)

Another week....

Good news: President Packer (Not the same President Packer you are probably thinking of - our new mission president who got here on Saturday) gave us all permission to go see fireworks on Wednesday! We can even leave our areas to see them so we might try to go to Boston! Woot! I'm super excited!

Speaking of our new mission president - we get to meet him and his family on Thursday. We're really excited! It's a little bitter sweet to have President and Sister Evans gone (our zone didn't even get to say goodbye!), but I know that they are where they need to be and our new mission president is going to do things differently, but the work is going to carry on regardless.

I have been getting really excited about missionary work lately. I feel like my heart is really starting to get into it. It's really exciting to see Gaby (one of our investigators) stay so strong through so much adversity as she's preparing for baptism. She has gone through a lot! We were there helping her move on Saturday night at 9:30 with President Fuentes. She also got her hours cut down a lot at work because she was asking for Sundays off. But amidst all of that, she came to church yesterday (even though she had to get up at 5:30 to finish moving a last load with the help of one of her roommates). The spirit was really strong as Ezekiel was confirmed. The fact that he and his family were even there was a miracle in itself. They are chronically late to Sacrament Meeting, but they were there early (by early, I mean 5 minutes after 10:00 but we don't actually start until around 10:10...). But they got there with the help of another member that has a car and everything went super well. The spirit was so strong.

Anyway, I'm trying to think of other cool things...

I got two late birthday packages this week! Cool! I love late birthday presents - they just make the fun last even longer. Shout out thanks to my crazy cousins and my Auntie Melinda and to Candace (Cat) Clark! You are the best!

Oh yeah! We had exchanges this week! duh! Sister Hales switched Sister Hildenbrand on Friday after district meeting until Saturday after lunch. It was super fun to be with my trainer again. It was kind of tricky to be thrown all together for a day and a lot of our appointments fell through so it was kind of stressful, but we managed. I loved getting to hang out with Sister Hales. I didn't realize how much I missed her!

Bianca's birthday was on Saturday! I made cupcakes (using my birthday cake mix - sorry mom! At least it didn't go to waste!) and we went and gave her a surprise! It was so fun! Bianca just has a year until she can go on a mission! She's been going out with us a lot to visit investigators and inactive members which has been super fun. She loves it and isn't working or going to school so it works out super well for us. I love her!

So, I kind of realized how much I miss getting to hold babies or really play with kids. I got to sit by Rebekah Orton in Relief Society and her adorable little baby girl Violet was just making faces at me the whole time. It was delightful! Then as she was kind of making a tired face, i copied it, but then broke into a cheesy grin and so did she! Then Rebekah says, "You should hear her - sometimes she breaks into a full on laugh!" and then she totally did! Right then! It made my whole day! Children are such miracles.

I really should go. We said we'd meet the Revere sisters at 1:30 (in four minutes) in Saugus...which is about 20 minutes away. We late!!

LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment